What to do if your iPhone works but the screen is black?
If your screen is black or frozen
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- If your phone doesn’t turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone.
What causes an iPhone screen to go blank?
Black screens might appear if your iPhone overheats, encounters a major error, or the screen itself breaks. You should also plug your iPhone into a charger to make sure that it isn’t simply out of battery.
How do you fix an iPhone 4 that won’t turn on?
Perform a force restart
- Press and hold the Home button.
- While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
How do you turn on a dead iPhone 4?
If the iPhone did not turn on, try resetting it while connected to the iPhone USB power adapter. To reset, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until either the Apple logo or the battery symbol appears. If the display turns on, go to step 4.
What are the causes of black screen?
Here are some common causes of a Windows 10 black screen:
- A Windows update gone wrong.
- A faulty startup application.
- Outdated or faulty drivers.
- Connection issues between your PC and monitor.
- Software defects.
- Hardware defects.
- Problems with your graphics card.
- Loose cables connected to your PC or laptop.
Why has my phone screen gone black?
If you’re still staring at a blank screen, it’s possible that the cable connecting the logic board to the LCD screen has become disconnected. This can occur if you accidentally drop your phone a few times. In order to regain your screen’s functionality, the cable will need to be plugged back in.
How do you know if your iPhone is fried?
Your phone includes a battery meter that visually displays how much power is left but if your iPhone’s battery is depleted, the meter does not display. The only way to tell if the iPhone battery is completely dead at this point is to connect the phone’s charger and look for a battery icon.
How to make first screen on iPhone blank?
Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper.
Why does my iPhone screen go blank on a call?
– Press the Side/Top/Home button once or twice to wake the screen – Remove any case or screen protectors – Restart your iPhone – Force restart – Make sure the accessibility setting Reduce Motion is off – Uninstall (and reinstall) the Compass app – Contact Apple Support
How to avoid a broken iPhone screen?
Get a roll of clear packing tape that is wider than the phone’s screen. Any clear packing tape will work for this.
How to restart iPhone screen not working?
Remove Any Case or Screen Protector. This is a basic solution.