What is DataStax agent?
DataStax Agents are necessary to perform most of the functionality within OpsCenter. When creating a new cluster with Lifecycle Manager, the DataStax Agent is automatically installed. When adding a new cluster to manage with OpsCenter, you are given the option to automatically or manually install DataStax Agents.
How do I start DataStax OpsCenter?
Stopping and restarting opscenterd:
- To stop OpsCenter, find the opscenterd process ID ( pid ) and kill the process using its PID number: ps -ef | grep opscenter sudo kill pid.
- To start OpsCenter: Use the -f option to start the agent in the foreground. install_location /bin/opscenter.
What is DataStax OpsCenter?
DataStax OpsCenter is an easy-to-use visual management and monitoring solution enabling administrators, architects, and developers to quickly provision, monitor, and maintain DataStax Enterprise (DSE) clusters, which are built on the best distribution of Apache Cassandra™.
How do you add a cluster in OpsCenter?
- Click New Cluster from the OpsCenter Monitoring main menu.
- Click Manage Existing Cluster > Get Started.
- Enter at least one hostname or IP address for a node in the cluster.
- Optional: If applicable, change the JMX Port and Native Transport Port listen port numbers if you are not using the defaults.
How do I start OpsCenter services?
Run the systemctl command.
- To start the service: systemctl start csportal.
- To stop the service: systemctl stop csportal.
- To restart the service: systemctl restart csportal.
How do I stop OpsCenter services in Windows?
- To stop the OpsCenter services run the opsadmin command with the stop switch: INSTALL_PATH\OpsCenter\server\bin\opsadmin.bat stop.
- To start the OpsCenter services run the opsadmin command with the start switch: INSTALL_PATH\OpsCenter\server\bin\opsadmin.bat start.
Is DataStax free?
DataStax Dev Center works with apache cassandra as well, and it’s free. Opscenter works with apache cassandra too. It’s free, and you can use it to monitor and administer apache cassandra as well as DSE.
What is DataStax Cassandra?
Datastax Cassandra renders high availability and excellent performance for a database. It is built on top of the open-source Apache Cassandra that makes it easy for anyone to comprehend the internal functioning without much problem. Datastax Cassandra provides a bundle of well-detailed documentation.
How do I turn off OpsCenter?
What is the difference between DataStax and Cassandra?
Datastax provides some advanced features in the Enterprise version that Apache Cassandra lacks. For instance, security & advanced tools such as OpsCenter are missing in Cassandra. These can be a welcome addition to the open-source Apache Cassandra.
What is DataStax used for?
DataStax is a database platform, that uses Apache Cassandra, which is built for the performance and availability demands of Web, Mobile, and IoT applications. It gives enterprises a secure always-on database that remains operationally simple when scaled in a single datacenter or across multiple data centers and clouds.
Is Cassandra better than MongoDB?
If support for a query language is required, Apache Cassandra should be preferred over MongoDB. Apache Cassandra’s CQL also has a structure very similar to Structured Query Language (SQL). So if your business has a team that is already proficient in SQL, Apache Cassandra would be the best choice for you.
What is the default IP for OpsCenter?
Also in case OpsCenter components are installed on a dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 host, the default IP must be IPv4 and the hostname of the system must be configured accordingly. 18. In a clustered environment, first upgrade OpsCenter Server on the active node and then on the passive nodes.
What are OpsCenter analytics and OpsCenter?
OpsCenter provides single deployment configuration and user interface for monitoring, alerting, and reporting functionality. OpsCenter Analytics is the licensed version of OpsCenter. In addition to the features available in the unlicensed OpsCenter version, Analytics offers report customization, and chargeback reporting.
How to configure the DataStax agent in opscenterd?
The address.yaml file contains configuration options for the DataStax Agent. Most of these properties can be set in the [agent_config] section of cluster_name.conf on the opscenterd machine, which automatically propagates the properties to all agents.
Where do I install OpsCenter components?
The default installation location of OpsCenter components is C:\\Program Files\\Symantec. The customized location that you provide should not contain spaces or special characters like ( , % etc. 4. Ensure that the antivirus software is disabled before you install OpsCenter.