What does your a hindrance mean?
Definition of hindrance 1 : the state of being interfered with, held back, or slowed down : the state of being hindered hindrance of speech. 2 : a person or thing that interferes with or slows the progress of someone or something : impediment a hindrance to learning.
What is a another word for hindrance?
Words related to hindrance barrier, deterrent, drawback, handicap, hitch, impediment, interference, interruption, obstacle, snag, stumbling block, albatross, baggage, bar, catch, check, clog, crimp, drag, encumbrance.
What are examples of hindrances?
The definition of a hindrance is an obstacle or something that inhibits or delays some desired action. An example of a hindrance is a road block preventing you from getting where you need to go. Something that hinders; an impediment.
What is a hindrance sentence?
1. Having a car in the city might prove a hindrance. 2. The floods have been a major hindrance to relief efforts.
What is hindrance in work?
Hindrance JDs are JDs or work circumstances that involve “excessive or undesirable constraints that interfere with or inhibit an individual’s ability to achieve [their] valued goals” (Cavanaugh et al., 2000, p. 67).
What is noun of Hinder?
Hindrance refers to the act of slowing things down, or the thing that’s causing the problem, like your “helpful” little sister. It’s the noun form of the verb hinder, which is “to get in the way.” Definitions of hindrance.
What is the verb form of hindrance?
Hindrance refers to the act of slowing things down, or the thing that’s causing the problem, like your “helpful” little sister. It’s the noun form of the verb hinder, which is “to get in the way.”
How do you use hinder in a sentence?
Hinder sentence example
- He will not hinder anything useful nor allow anything harmful.
- She wasn’t certain why her chest felt tight enough to hinder her breathing while her eyes were watering.
- Besides, I want to go very much and certainly will go, so don’t hinder me, said he.
What is hindrance stress?
Hindrance stressors are work-related demands or circumstances that tend to constrain or interfere with an individual’s achievements at work, and are not likely to be associated with potential gains for the individual (Boswell et al., 2004).
What are the hindrances to productivity?
The top five obstacles to achieving high productivity
- Bad workplace environment. A bad workplace environment is not conducive to productivity.
- Lack of skills.
- Ineffective communication.
- Lack of benefits or growth opportunities.
- Inadequate technology.
What is the difference between a hindrance and a challenge?
Factors causing challenge stress include job scope, responsibility, workload, and time pressure. In contrast, hindrance stressor is considered to constrain personal achievement and, thus, hindering an employee’s goal progress. Examples include organizational politics, red tape, job ambiguity, and job insecurity.
What is the difference between challenge and hindrance stressors?
“Challenge” stressors are those pressures that are seen as driving us to learn, grow and achieve. Hitting her sales targets, although challenging were exhilarating. “Hindrance” stressors are those kinds of difficulties that that slow down or impede our effectiveness at work.
What are three things which hinders your performance here?
What Hinders Performance and Productivity in Leaders?
- Lack of results.
- Unrealistic expectations.
- Lack of planning.
- Changing priorities.
- Lack of commitment.
- Not the right fit.
- Unclear of the “big picture”
- Lack of team work.
What are barriers at work?
Barriers to Employment
- Criminal record.
- Disadvantaged background.
- Domestic violence.
- Drug and/or alcohol abuse.
- Employer biases.
What are the hindrances to success?
The 7 Major Obstacles to Success
- Lack of Vision. Everyone is talking about the importance of having a goal.
- Lack of Focus. The inability to properly focus all our efforts on a given task is another major obstacle to success.
- Lack of Willpower.
- Trying to Please Everyone.
- The Average Mentality.
- The Pursuit of Perfection.
What can hinder you from achieving your goals?
9 Things That Stop You From Achieving Your Goals
- Focusing on the end result.
- Taking big steps.
- Lack of consistency.