What words describe size?
Adjective Words to Describe Size and Scale
- Big: Of a bigger size than average.
- Colossal: Very large in size.
- Compact: Small or take up very little space.
- Corpulent: Large or bulky of body; portly; stout; fat.
- Cosmic: A function of time which represents the relative expansion of the universe.
- Cubby: Small in size.
How do you describe size?
Size is defined as the amount of space occupied by someone or something; it describes how large or small someone or something is.
How do you describe a person’s size?
Some alternative words are slim, slender, skinny, lean, wiry, petite, and lanky. In general, thin, slim, and slender are more positive, whereas skinny is often used as a criticism or negative point. The words lean and wiry mean that the person is thin AND muscular.
How do you describe small size?
Some common synonyms of small are diminutive, little, miniature, minute, and tiny. While all these words mean “noticeably below average in size,” small and little are often interchangeable, but small applies more to relative size determined by capacity, value, number.
What words go with size?
WORDS RELATED TO SIZE
How do you describe the size of an area?
What is Area?
|Name of the shape:||Area Formula:|
|Triangle||Area = bh, where b is base, And h is height.|
|Square||Area =l × l, where l is the length of each side.|
|Rectangle||Area = l × w, where l is lengthand w is width.|
|Parallelogram||Area = b × h, where b is base,and h is perpendicular height.|
What are examples of size?
Size is a measurement or amount of a person or thing. An example of size is a medium dress. An example of size is a four feet tall, two feet wide dresser. An example of size is a six feet tall man with a 36-inch waist.
How do you express dimensions?
All box dimensions are written as length x width x height. For example, 14″ x 11″ x 4″ means 14″ (L) x 11″ (W) x 4″ (H)”.
How do you describe a body in writing?
Adjectives for Body Shapes
- Overweight. This simply means “heavier than is healthy.”
- Obese. It means very overweight.
- Stout. Maybe slightly fat but strong or solid looking.
- Stocky. Short with a wide body.
- Paunchy. You know how some men gain weight?
- Pot-bellied. The same as “paunchy.”
How do you describe a man physically?
To describe a person’s physical appearance, start with general information like hair color and length, approximate height and weight, gender, and age range. Then, get more specific by describing features like the eyes, nose, and mouth, and don’t forget to include distinctive characteristics like visible tattoos.
How do you say small quantity?
8 Words for Small Amounts
- Smidgen. Definition – a small amount.
- Driblet. Definition – a trifling or small sum or part.
- Skosh. Definition – a small amount.
- Scruple. Definition – a minute part or quantity.
- Iota. Definition – an infinitesimal amount.
- Bubkes. Definition – the least amount.
- Nip & Dram.
What are 5 synonyms for small?
synonyms for small