What is the standard ceiling fan blade size?
Ceiling Fan Size Guide
|Room Size (In Sq. Feet)||Room Type||Recommended Blade Span|
|Under 144||Bathroom, Breakfast Nooks, Utility Rooms, Small Bedrooms, Porches||Under 42″ Fans|
|144-225||Medium Bedrooms, Kitchens, Dining Rooms, Dens, Patios||44-50″ Fans|
|225-400||Master Bedrooms, Family Rooms, TV Rooms, Small Garages, Gazebos||Fans Over 50”|
What size room does a 52 inch fan cover?
400 square feet
Buy the Right Size Select a fan with the appropriate span: 36 inches for rooms up to 100 square feet, 42 inches for up to 200 square feet, 52 inches for up to 400 square feet, and either one 60-inch fan or two 52- or 56-inch fans for rooms larger than 400 square feet.
How can I make my ceiling fan look better?
9 Fresh DIY Ceiling Fan Ideas to Transform Your Home’s Biggest (Functional) Eyesore
- Give it a burst of color.
- Swap out the blades.
- Make your ceiling fan an accent piece.
- Switch up the light shades.
- Match the blades to your style.
- Use spray paint to luxe it up.
- Stain the wood or add faux paneling.
Can I use contact paper on ceiling fan blades?
For example, I first use dryer sheets to tackle the dust. Then, I go back over it with a paper towel and some all-purpose cleaner to shine the fan up. Be sure to also clean and dry each ceiling fan blade as well. That way, your contact paper adheres to the blades smoothly.
How is a 52 inch ceiling fan measured?
Standing on a step ladder as needed, hold one end of a tape measure to the tip of a fan blade on a fully assembled fan. If the unit has an even number of ceiling fan blades, extend the tape measure to the end of the opposite blade and record the distance from tip to tip. This is the diameter.
Is a 52 inch fan too big for a 12×12 room?
The ALA recommends a 29- to 36-inch fan for a room up to 75 square feet, such as a bathroom; a 36- to 42-inch fan for a medium-size room up to 144 square feet; and a 50- to 54-inch fan for a room around 225 square feet; 54- and 60-inch or larger fans are available for larger spaces.
Is 52 inch fan too big for bedroom?
Yes, a 52″ can fit in a bedroom -as long as you consider the guidelines for room size. The bedroom should be at least 12 ‘x 14′ or larger, with a floor clearance of at least 7’ for this size fan.
How do you modernize a ceiling fan?
Here are some more ideas for modernizing a ceiling fan:
- If you don’t like the color of the metal, you can spray paint it!
- Paint the blades!
- Add a shade – hang a drum or cage shade over the light of the fan for a dramatic look.
- Cover the blades with contact paper for a patterned look like faux wood grain!
How do you dress up a ceiling fan?
5 Easy Ways to Modernize Your Ceiling Fan
- New Blades. Ceiling fan blades can fade and warp over time, causing the fan to look shabby.
- Paint Job. Just as the blades lose their original luster so does the motor housing and hardware.
- Add Lighting.
- Add New Bulbs.
- Add Control.
What is the best ceiling fan for outdoor use?
– 29- to 36-inch outdoor ceiling fan for a space up to 75 square feet – 36- to 42-inch outdoor ceiling fan for a space 75 to 144 square feet – 44-inch outdoor ceiling fan for a space 144 to 225 square feet – 50- to 54-inch outdoor ceiling fan for a space 225 to 400 square feet – Stay in the center. – Avoid the walls. – Keep it high.
How to select Best ceiling fan?
Flush Mount A flush mount application is intended for rooms where the ceiling height is less than 8 feet.
How do you replace a ceiling fan blade?
Remove the light kit using a screwdriver or the battery powered screwdriver
What size ceiling fan blades do I Need?
– Many models of ceiling fan have lights installed. – If the ceiling has an angle of 34 to 56 degrees, it will need a slope mount or angle mount ceiling fan. – Make sure you mount the fan to an area of the ceiling that will support its weight. – Make sure there are no obstacles on the ceiling that could impede the blades.