What is rib command in Catia?
This task shows you how to create a rib, that is how to sweep a profile along a center curve to create material. To define a rib, you need a center curve, a planar profile and possibly a reference element or a pulling direction. To create ribs you can combine the different elements as follows: Open profile.
How do you make rib Catia?
- Click Rib . The Rib Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select the profile you wish to sweep, i.e. Sketch . 2 .
- Select the center curve, i.e. Sketch. 1 .
- To go on with our scenario, maintain Keep angle.
- Click OK .
What is use of rib command?
Rib command. Rib command. Constructs a rib by extruding a profile. The Direction and Side steps allow you to control the shape of the rib.
How do you make a shaft in Catia?
If you launch the Shaft command with no profile previously defined, just click the icon and select a plane to access the Sketcher, then sketch the profile you need. You can use wireframe geometry as your profile and axes created with the Axis System capability.
How do I use the slot in Catia v5?
Open the Slot. CATPart document. Click Slot . The Slot Definition dialog box is displayed….The following rules should be kept in mind:
- 3D center curves must be continuous in tangency.
- if the center curve is planar, it can be discontinuous in tangency.
- center curves must not be composed of several geometric elements.
What is a rib feature?
A profile rib feature is a thin fin or web protrusion that attaches to solid surfaces in a part. Profile ribs are usually designed to strengthen parts, and to prevent unwanted bending. They are often used between two perpendicular surfaces.
Can I learn CATIA on my own?
You can learn it on your own but the license cost for CATIA is awfully high. Few major CAD software are available free for students but you need to check on that. Once you get a license copy there is so much of free help available on yourube and other forums that you can be expert on yourself.
How do you sweep Onshape?
- Tap Sweep tool.
- Select Creation type:
- If you select to create a solid, also select a result body operation type:
- Select the face or edge to sweep.
- Specify the sweep path (select a line segment or curve on the sketch or an edge on the part).
- Specify whether to keep the profile orientation.
- Tap the checkmark.
How do you make ribs in Solidworks?
To create a rib:
- Sketch the contour to use as the rib feature on a plane that intersects the part, or is parallel or at an angle to an existing plane.
- Click Rib (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Rib.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click OK .
How do you draw a shaft in Catia?
How do I use Groove in Catia?
CATPart document and set Body as the current body.
- Click Groove .
- Select Sketch. 3 as the profile to be used. The Groove Definition dialog box is displayed. The application previews a groove entirely revolving about the axis.
How do you use a rib tool?
What is the use of rib command?
Rib command. Constructs a rib by extruding a profile. The Direction and Side steps allow you to control the shape of the rib.
What is included in this CATIA tutorial?
This tutorial contains Basic Catia modules sketcher, part, assemblies, drafting… this will list general toolbars used in each modules and there overview for academic purpose with some specific topic elaborations.
How do I sketch on a plane in Catia?
Two simple ways are by using the top pull down menu (Start – Mechanical Design – Sketcher), or by selecting the Sketcher icon. When you enter the sketcher, CATIA requires that you choose a plane to sketch on.
How do I use the Sketcher workbench in Catia?
When you enter the sketcher, CATIA requires that you choose a plane to sketch on. You can choose this plane either before or after you select the Sketcher icon. To exit the sketcher, select the Exit Workbench icon. The Sketcher workbench contains the following standard workbench specific toolbars.
How to create a slot in AutoCAD?
Maintain the Keep angle option. Now, select the center curve along which the application will sweep the profile. The center curve is open. To create a slot you can use open profiles and closed center curves too. The application previews the slot.