How do you use meaningless in a sentence?
(1) Life seemed on a sudden empty and meaningless. (2) The committee brushed off his enquiries with meaningless promises. (3) She is fascinated by algebra while he considers it meaningless nonsense. (4) He said a few meaningless words to his hostess and looked around the room.
What are some meaningless words?
What is a word for a meaningless statement?
A platitude is a trite, meaningless, or prosaic statement, often used as a thought-terminating cliché, aimed at quelling social, emotional, or cognitive unease.
What is it called when you think life is meaningless?
Existential nihilism is the philosophical theory that life has no intrinsic meaning or value.
What is the correct meaning of the word meaningful?
having a meaning or purpose
Definition of meaningful 1a : having a meaning or purpose The tests did not produce any meaningful results. b : full of meaning : significant a meaningful life a meaningful relationship. 2 : having an assigned function in a language system meaningful propositions.
Is Meaningness a word?
“Meaningness” is a word I invented, referring to the quality of being meaningful and/or meaningless. The word “meaning” has two quite different meanings in English.
What word means to have no meaning?
Definition of meaningless 1 : having no meaning especially : lacking any significance.
What is another word for doesn’t matter?
What is another word for it doesn’t matter?
|don’t worry about||it’s not important|
|don’t apologize||don’t worry about it|
|it’s unimportant||it makes no difference|
|it makes no odds||no matter|
What kind of phrase become meaningless when used too often?
Semantic satiation is a psychological phenomenon in which repetition causes a word or phrase to temporarily lose meaning for the listener, who then perceives the speech as repeated meaningless sounds.
What is a synonym for pointless?
Words related to pointless absurd, aimless, fruitless, futile, impotent, inconsequential, ineffective, ineffectual, insignificant, irrelevant, meaningless, powerless, silly, stupid, trivial, unnecessary, unproductive, useless, worthless, inane.
What’s a word for feeling lost?
1 forfeited, gone, missing. 3 confused, perplexed. 4 squandered.
How do you use meaningful in a sentence?
- This is very Meaningful.
- Life is Meaningful if you can face yourself.
- It’s small but Meaningful.
- But that’s Meaningful, too.
- I don’t find it Meaningful.
- It’s a very Meaningful wish.
- I think it is very Meaningful.
- It’s not Meaningful, and it’s certainly not helpful.