How do you remove the harddrive from a Dell XPS L702X?
Installation and Removal Instructions XPS 17-L702X (P09E002) Primary Hard Drive
- Slide the battery latch over. Remove the Battery.
- Loosen the screw. Remove the Access Door.
- Remove the hard drive screws. Slide the hard drive down and remove the Hard Drive.
- Remove the caddy screws. Remove the Hard Drive Caddy.
How do you reset your hard drive?
Go to Settings > Change PC Settings > Update and recovery > Recovery. Click Get Started under the Remove everything and reinstall Windows section. Click Next, then choose Fully clean the drive to ensure everything is deleted. Click the Reset button and your drive is wiped, your PC is reset, and Windows is reinstalled.
What do I do if my hard drive is not detected?
Hard Drive Not Showing Up In Windows 10: Solved [10 Fixes]
- #1) Check Hard Drive Cable Connection.
- #2) Initialize And Format Hard Drive.
- #3) Partition And Format Hard Drive.
- #4) Assign A Drive Letter For Drive.
- #5) Recover Data From Unallocated Hard Drive.
- #6) Run Hardware And Devices Troubleshooter.
How do I fix a Dell hard drive failure?
- Perform a hard reset.
- Run a hardware diagnostic test.
- Disconnect external devices.
- Update the BIOS and drivers.
- Repair the missing or corrupted Windows system files.
- Restore the computer using Windows System Restore.
- Restore the computer to factory default settings.
How do you fix a failing hard drive?
If your computer experiences signs of hard drive failure, it’s best to replace it before it completely wears out….How to Replace a Hard Drive and Reinstall an Operating System
- Back up data.
- Create a recovery disc.
- Remove the old drive.
- Place the new drive.
- Reinstall the operating system.
- Reinstall your programs and files.
What are signs of hard drive failure?
Symptoms and Signs Of A Failing Hard Drive
- Computer freezes, slows down or displays a blue screen.
- Data gets corrupted and the buildup of bad sectors.
- Unusual and Alien Sounds.
- The Read/Write – Heads Crashed.
- The Hard Drive’s Spindle Motor Malfunctioned.
- The Hard Drive Exhibits PCB Problems.
- Adaptives Deviations.
How do I reset my hard drive from BIOS?
You cannot format any hard drive from BIOS. If you want to format your disk but your Windows cannot boot, you have to create a bootable USB flash drive or CD/DVD and boot from it to perform formatting. You can also use a professional third-party formatter.
How do I fix no hard drive found?
This can be fixed by adjusting the BIOS setup or resetting the BIOS. “Drive not found, press F1 to continue” is a BIOS error message. The BIOS handles the basic setup and boot process for your computer and prepares it to load the operating system.
How do I fix my Dell laptop hard drive not installed?
How to Fix Hard Drive Not Installed Dell
- Press F1 to boot to Windows desktop.
- Check BIOS settings.
- Run hardware diagnostics.
- Check hard drive cable.
- Perform PC hard reset.
- Run Startup Repair.
- Test your hard drive.