How do I unlock my Cisco IP Phone?
- Press the Settings key.
- Press 2 – Network.
- Press **# to unlock the phone.
- Press 7 – Admin Vlan (Virtual Local Area network) (Telephony Vlan)
How to Add a new Cisco IP phone?
- Step 1 In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, select Device > Phone, then click Add New.
- In the Add a New Phone window, select your phone model in the Phone Type field, then click Next.
- In the Phone Configuration window, select the protocol type for your device in the Select the device protocol.
What is a self care portal?
A Self-Care Portal is a customer service tool that allows businesses and clients to access their telephone setup information from anywhere.
What is the difference between SIP and SCCP?
SIP is used for establishing, modifying, and terminating IP based communication sessions with one or more participants whereas SCCP is a Cisco proprietary protocol which is used for communication between Cisco Call Manager and Cisco VOIP phones.
How do I connect my Cisco phone to my network?
Connecting your CISCO VoIP Phone Device to the Network
- Locate the white ethernet jack in your workspace.
- Plug one end of an ethernet cable into the white jack, and the other end into the ethernet port on the back of the phone device.
- The phone will power on if connected properly.
What is Cisco Unified Communications Self Care portal?
From the Cisco Unified Communications Self Care Portal, users can customize and control phone features and settings. As the administrator, you control access to the Self Care Portal. You must also provide information to your users so that they can access the Self Care Portal.
Can a Cisco IP phone be used at home?
Using Your Desk Phone at Home Companies that have Cisco Expressway will be able to bring Cisco 7800 and 8800 series phones home. They can register phones securely back to the corporate phone system. To power the phone, you will need a power supply or power injector. The phone can also directly connect to a home router.
What is SCCP used for?
The Signalling Connection Control Part (SCCP) is a network layer protocol that provides extended routing, flow control, segmentation, connection-orientation, and error correction facilities in Signaling System 7 telecommunications networks. SCCP relies on the services of MTP for basic routing and error detection.
What is my PIN for Cisco phone?
You can change the PIN of the IVR from the Common Phone Profile page. When there is no User ID or PIN associated with a phone, the phone uses a default PIN of 24726.