How do I setup my HP ProCurve switch?
How to: Configure a HP ProCurve switch
- Step 1: Connect your serial connection.
- Step 2: Conenct PuTTY.
- Step 3: Get the IP address.
- Step 4: Set time server.
- Step 5: Set SNMP community info.
- Step 6: Launch the web GUI.
- Step 7: Configure basic info.
- Step 8: Create VLANs.
How do I factory reset my HP ProCurve 2524?
To execute the factory default reset, perform these steps:
- Using pointed objects, simultaneously press both the Reset and Clearbuttons on the front of the switch.
- Continue to press the Clear button while releasing the Reset button.
- When the Self Test LED begins to flash, release the Clear button.
How do I set up my Aruba switches?
To configure the AOS switch IP address of the out-of-band management port:
- Enable out-of-band management (oobm). AOS-switch(config)# oobm enable.
- Assign an IP address to the oobm port. AOS-switch(config)# oobm ip address 10.2.100.68 255.255.255.0.
- Add a default gateway to the oobm port.
- Save the configuration.
How do I configure my HP network switch?
Click on Quick Setup. In the Switch Quick Setup Parameters box, click on Change. Enter the IP address and any other information such as the Subnet mask and Gateway. Click on Save to save changes.
How do you manage a switch in Aruba?
Local Management for Switches
- Click the Inventory( ) tile on the Aruba Instant On home page or click the Site Health( ) banner and then click on Show inventory.
- Click the ( ) arrow next to a switch in the Inventory list and then click Actions tab.
- Select Switch to local management.
What is the default IP for Aruba switch?
In the factory default configuration, the switch has no IP (Internet Protocol) address and subnet mask, and no passwords.
How do I create a VLAN in Aruba switch?
Creating and Updating VLANs
- Navigate to the Configuration > Network > VLANs page.
- Click Add a VLAN to create a new VLAN.
- In the VLAN ID field, enter a valid VLAN ID.
- To add physical ports to the VLAN, select Port.
- (Optional) Click the Wired AAA Profile drop-down list to assign an AAA profile to a VLAN.
How do I enable SSH on Aruba switch?
SSH is enabled by default in ArubaOS, and thus lets you log in using a username and password. You can enable SSH login by using public key authentication while leaving username/password authentication enabled, or you may disable the username/password authentication and leave only the public key authentication enabled.
Do Aruba switches have a GUI?
The Aruba 2930F switches can be managed through a graphical interface that can access from any PC or workstation on the network by running r web browser and typing in the switch’s IP address as the URL.
How do you manage an Aruba switch?
What are the system requirements for the HP ProCurve switch 2512 and 2524?
UNIX: Netscape Navigator 4.5 or later PC Operating System Microsoft Windows® 95 and Windows NT UNIX® Operating System Standard UNIX®OS HP TopTools for Hubs & Switches For the HP ProCurve Switch 2512 and 2524, use Using the HP Web Browser Interface (Optional) product HP J2569R or later.
How do I get a copy of ProCurve software?
(You can get a copy of the software from HP’s ProCurve website and/or copy it from one switch to another. For downloading instructions, see appendix A, “File Transfers”, in the
How to disable stacking on the ProCurve switch 2512 and 2524?
Using the CLI To Disable or Re-Enable Stacking In the default configuration, stacking is enabled on the ProCurve Switch 2512 and 2524. You can use the CLI to disable stacking on these switches at any time.
How to get the MAC address of a member in ProCurve?
HP ProCurve Stack Management Syntax:stack member mac-address [password ] In the destination Commander, use show stack all to find the MAC address of the Member you want to pull into the destination stack.