How do I fix Windows 7 Explorer not responding?
- Update your current video driver.
- Run System File Checker (SFC) to check your files.
- Scan your PC for Virus or Malware infections.
- Start your PC in Safe Mode to check for startup issues.
- Start your PC in a Clean Boot environment and troubleshoot the issue.
- Additional Troubleshooting Steps:
How do I fix File Explorer Search Not Working?
How can I fix File Explorer’s search utility?
- Use a third-party software.
- Open the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.
- Restart File Explorer.
- Rebuild the search indexing.
- Select the Index Properties and File Contents option.
- Check if Windows Search Service is enabled.
- Assign system permissions to a folder.
Why is Windows File Explorer not responding?
Restart the explorer.exe Process using Task Manager If Windows is still responsive, the easiest way to restart the explorer.exe process is through the Task Manager. Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager. You can also press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open the Task Manager.
How do I fix Windows Explorer in Windows 7?
Windows Explorer has Stopped Working in Windows 7 [Solved]
- Solution 1: Copy file “explorer.exe” to another location.
- Solution 2: Change Settings for Files and Folders.
- Solution 4: Perform a Clean Boot.
- Solution 5: Run Virus Scan.
How do I repair File Explorer?
Run Automatic Repair
- Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security .
- Select Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart now > Windows 10 Advanced Startup.
- On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Then, on the Advanced Options screen, select Automated Repair.
- Enter your name and password.
Why is File Explorer freezing?
If you have File Explorer problems such as freezing, the problem might be related to your file associations. However, you can easily fix that problem by resetting file associations to default. To do that, follow these steps: Open the Settings app.
How do I enable Search in File Explorer?
In any open File Explorer window, click the File menu and then select “Change folder and search options.” In the Folder Options window, switch to the View tab and then scroll down to the options under “When typing into list view.” Click the option “Automatically type into the Search Box” and then click OK.
Why can’t I Search files on my computer?
In Windows Settings, select Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Search and Indexing. Run the troubleshooter, and select any problems that apply. Windows will try to detect and solve them.
How do I fix file not responding?
How do I fix File Explorer problems in Windows 10?
- Restart File Explorer in Task Manager.
- Manually Restart the Explorer.exe Process via Command Prompt.
- Run System File Checker Scan.
- Clear File Explorer History.
- Change Display Settings.
- Extend System Partition If It Is Full.
- Create a New User Account.
Why does File Explorer freeze up?
Can you repair Windows Explorer?
Here is our final method to repair File Explorer in Windows 10 – run automatic repair. To run automatic repair, follow the steps below: Right-click Windows 10 Start Menu and select Settings. Then click Update & security.
How do I fix a File Explorer that freezes?
If your Windows File Explorer crashes or freezes frequently, you need to carry out the following actions that may help you fix the problem:
- Disable the Preview Pane.
- Disable Thumbnails.
- Disable UAC temporarily.
- Disable DEP and see.
- Launch the folder windows in a separate process.
- Check installed Add-ons.