How do I debug MySQL Workbench?
Starting the Debugger
- Choose a connection in the Visual Studio Server Explorer.
- Expand the Stored Procedures folder. Only stored procedures can be debugged directly.
- Click on a stored procedure node, then right-click and from the context menu choose Debug Routine. Figure 5.60 Choose a Stored Routine to Debug.
How do I debug a MySQL procedure?
How to debug a MySQL stored procedure.
- Create a table called logtable with two columns, id INT and log VARCHAR(255) .
- Make the id column autoincrement.
- Use this procedure: delimiter // DROP PROCEDURE `log_msg`// CREATE PROCEDURE `log_msg`(msg VARCHAR(255)) BEGIN insert into logtable select 0, msg; END.
How do I run a query in MySQL Workbench Mac?
Open MySQL Workbench and connect to the database and set a default database. Then open an SQL editor by clicking on the menu File > New Query Tab or by pressing the key Ctrl+T. Then in the SQL editor type your query, for example, select * from customer, then press Ctrl+Enter to run the current query in MySQL Workbench.
How do I debug a trigger in MySQL Workbench?
To debug a MySQL trigger, do the following:
- In Database Explorer, choose your test database and expand the Triggers folder.
- Right-click the trigger you want to debug and click Compile > Compile for Debugging on the shortcut menu.
- In the message that appears, select Deploy to continue the deploying process.
How do I view a stored procedure in MySQL?
To view the list of the stored procedure, you can query the information_schema. routines table. It contains the list of the stored procedure and stored functions created on the database.
How do I debug a stored procedure in Sybase?
Debugging a Stored Procedure
- Create the stored procedure that references a temporary table:
- Save the stored procedure.
- Set breakpoints in your stored procedure.
- Open the stored procedure in the Database Debug perspective.
- Debug the stored procedure.
How do I open query editor in MySQL Workbench?
Open an SQL script file in a new query tab. Open Inspector for the selected object. Create a new schema in the connected server….
- Show preferences dialog (see Section 3.2, “Workbench Preferences”)
- Hide or show the sidebar panel.
- Hide or show the output area panel.
- Hide or show the secondary sidebar panel.
How do I run a query shortcut in MySQL Workbench?
There are keyboard shortcuts for the different menus in MySQL Workbench: File Menu….Table B.6 Query menu keyboard shortcuts.
|Execute statement||Modifier+Return||SQL Editor|
|Execute statements||Modifier+Shift+Return||SQL Editor|
|New Tab||Modifier+T||SQL Editor|
How do you debug a trigger?
To debug a Microsoft SQL Server trigger:
- In Database Explorer, choose your test database.
- Expand the Triggers folder, and then double click the trigger to open it.
- Change the current view from Main to SQL.
- Set a breakpoint for the trigger.
- Expand the Procedures folder, and then double-click the procedure to open it.
How do I know if MySQL trigger is working?
select * from INFORMATION_SCHEMA. TRIGGERS where EVENT_OBJECT_TABLE=’client’; With this, you can filter on things like EVENT_OBJECT_TABLE (table name), TRIGGER_SCHEMA , EVENT_MANIPULATION (insert, update, delete, etc), and a slew of other attributes.
How do I view a stored procedure in MySQL workbench?
In MySQL Workbench, You can view the stored procedure under the Stored Procedures folder of the sakila schema.
What can I do with debugger for MySQL?
Below are just a few things you will be able to accomplish with Debugger for MySQL: Efficiently debug and manage stored MySQL/MariaDB routines and events. Continue debugging into nested procedures and functions. Use conditional breakpoints. Use tooltip expression evaluation. Run SQL commands in the debugging context.
What is MySQL Workbench?
Download Now ». MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool for database architects, developers, and DBAs. MySQL Workbench provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration tools for server configuration, user administration, backup, and much more. MySQL Workbench is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
What are the prerequisites for MySQL Workbench on Windows?
MySQL Workbench Windows Prerequisites: To be able to install and run MySQL Workbench on Windows your system needs to have libraries listed below installed. The listed items are provided as links to the corresponding download pages where you can fetch the necessary files. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
What is the difference between the object browser and MySQL Workbench?
The Object Browser provides instant access to database schema and objects. MySQL Workbench provides a visual console to easily administer MySQL environments and gain better visibility into databases.