How are masks used in different cultures?
Masks have been used around the world for centuries for all kinds of religious and cultural celebrations. Some masks honor those who have died, some represent animals or spirits and some simply disguise a person’s identity.
How do I create a shape mask in PowerPoint?
If you want to show your images in an appealing design, you can mask them to fit into a certain shape.
- On the Insert tab, click Pictures.
- Once the image appears on your slide, click it and select the Format picture tab.
- Click on the Crop option and go to Crop to shape.
- The selected shape will mask your image.
How are masks used in African culture?
The mask wearer can become a sort of medium that allows for a dialogue between the community and the spirits. Most times, the spirits mentioned are those of the dead, or nature-related. Masked dances are a part of most traditional African ceremonies related to weddings, funerals, initiation rites, and cleansing.
How do you mask content in PowerPoint?
2. Open “Slide Sorter” on the View tab. Right-click the slide that you wish to hide. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu bar and click “Hide Slide.”
How do I use stencils in PowerPoint?
“Peeping” text stencils
- Place your image in PowerPoint and draw a rectangular shape above it (or over the part of it).
- Add your text, then copy the text box.
- Select the drop down arrow on the Paste button in the Home ribbon, and choose Paste special.
Who created cultural masks?
Woodland tribes, especially in the North-East and around the Great Lakes, cross-fertilized culturally with one another. The Iroquois made spectacular wooden ‘false face’ masks, used in healing ceremonies and carved from living trees. These masks appear in a great variety of shapes, depending on their precise function.
What are the uses of masks?
Masks should be used as part of a comprehensive strategy of measures to suppress transmission and save lives; the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to provide an adequate level of protection against COVID-19.
How do you mask text in PowerPoint?
Click the “Home” tab located on the ribbon at the top of PowerPoint 2010. Highlight the text that you wish to hide and select the “Font Color” icon from the Font section of the Ribbon. Change the color to the same color as the background of your slide. Your text will now be hidden.
Where did cultural masks originate?
In China, masks are thought to have originated in ancient religious ceremonies. Images of people wearing masks have been found in rock paintings along the Yangtze. Later mask forms brings together myths and symbols from shamanism and Buddhism.
What do masks represent in African culture?
Meanings of African Masks Some forms are worn by both genders. In general, masks tend to represent spirits or beings important to the ritual in which the mask in used. The wearer of the mask is often believed to be able to communicate to the being symbolized by it, or to be possessed by who or what the mask represents.
How do you create a reveal in PowerPoint?
Make text appear one line at a time
- On the slide, select the box that contains your text.
- Select the Animations tab, and then pick an animation, such as Appear, Dissolve in, or Fly In.
- Select Effect Options again, and then select By Paragraph to make the paragraphs of text appear one at a time.
How do you do a reveal on a PPT?
Click the “Preview” button in the “Animations” tab to see how your slide will look during your presentation. The slide’s elements will appear automatically, but during your actual presentation they will only appear when you press a button to advance to your next point. You can run your presentation by pressing F5.